If you’re looking for a great gift for your kids, 50cc dirt bikes are a perfect choice. These mini dirt bikes offer all the excitement and adventure of full-size models, but in a smaller package that’s perfect for younger riders. Whether your child is just starting out or has been riding for a while, we have a 50cc dirt bike that’s just right for them.
- 1. 10Ten 50R 50cc Motorbike 62cm
- 2. Fun Bikes MXR 50cc Motorbike 61cm
- 3. 50cc Mini Dirt Bike KXD01 PRO
- 4. MBOX49 Pro Version Mini Dirt Bike
- 5. Bonus: MBOX-E 500w Dirt bike Pro 36V
- Do You Research Before Buying
- Keep Your Child Safe
- How Fast Do 50cc Dirt Bikes Go?
- Are 50cc Dirt Bikes Safe?
- What Age Is Appropriate for a 50cc Dirt Bike?
- Do You Need a License?
- Do You Need Insurance?
- Can Adults Ride a 50cc Dirt Bike?
- The Bottom Line
50cc dirt bikes are perfect for kids ages 4 and up (of course this is down to the parent’s discretion). They’re lightweight and easy to handle, but still, pack a punch when it comes to performance. With speeds of up to 25 mph, your child will have plenty of power to take on any terrain. And with features like electric start, automatic transmission, and disc brakes, these bikes are safe and easy to ride.
Here are 5 models we recommend you check out.
1. 10Ten 50R 50cc Motorbike 62cm
This is the ideal bike for first-time riders. The electric start, rev and go engine means it’s easy to start and easy to ride. The 50R also features upside-down front forks, quality exhaust, tough MotoX rims, an adjustable rear shock, and disc brakes. It’s a great choice for kids ages 6 and up.
2. Fun Bikes MXR 50cc Motorbike 61cm
A greater start bike is available in a wide range of colours because let’s face it that’s pretty much an important thing to your kids about the bike at this stage, the FunBikes MXR 50cc also features an automatic transmission, front and rear disc brakes, and a 10-inch pneumatic tyre. It’s perfect for kids ages 6 and up.
3. 50cc Mini Dirt Bike KXD01 PRO
We actually quite like the looks of this little number. The black and orange 50cc Mini Dirt Bike version especially – it comes with all the usual features you’d expect like electric start, automatic transmission, and front and rear disc brakes. But it also has a few extra goodies like aluminium upside-down forks with stanchion guards, chunky tyres, and front and rear suspension.
4. MBOX49 Pro Version Mini Dirt Bike
Another great choice for first-time riders, the MBOX49 Pro Version features electric start, automatic transmission, and front and rear disc brakes. It also has a high-performance sports exhaust, making it one of the most powerful 50cc mini dirt bikes available. Definitely, on the cheaper side of things, this is a great choice for kids who are just starting out.
5. Bonus: MBOX-E 500w Dirt bike Pro 36V
Not what you were expecting as it technically isn’t a 50cc Dirt Bike but it is the electric equivalent. The MBOX-E 500w is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a kids’ ride that is virtually silent but still offers all the thrills of a petrol-powered dirt bike. With a top speed of up to 25km/h and a range of up to 20km, this bike is sure to provide plenty of fun for your child. And with features like electric start, automatic transmission, and disc brakes, it is safe and easy to ride. This is a great choice for kids ages 6 and up.
So there you have it, our top 4 picks for 50cc dirt bikes for kids and a 500w one. These mini dirt bikes are the perfect way to get your child started in the world of off-roading. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start exploring!
Do You Research Before Buying
As with any major purchase, it’s important to do your research before buying a 50cc dirt bike. This includes things like reading reviews, researching different models, and talking to other parents who have purchased dirt bikes for their children. By taking the time to do your research, you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for your child.
Now that you know what to look for in a 50cc dirt bike, it’s time to start shopping! Here are a few tips on how to buy a 50cc dirt bike:
1. Set a budget: Before you start shopping, it’s important to set a budget. This will help you narrow down your options and find a bike that’s within your price range.
2. Compare prices: Once you’ve set a budget, it’s time to start comparing prices. This can be done online or in person at local dealerships. Be sure to compare apples to apples when looking at different models – some may have more features than others, which can affect the price.
3. Read reviews: Once you’ve found a few models that you’re interested in, it’s time to start reading reviews. This is a great way to get an idea of how the bike performs in real-world conditions. Be sure to read reviews from multiple sources, such as magazines, websites, and blogs.
4. Test ride: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to start test riding. This is the best way to see how a bike feels and performs in person. Be sure to take your time when test riding and pay attention to things like the bike’s power, handling, and braking.
5. Get the right size: It’s important to get a bike that’s the right size for your child. This will ensure that they’re comfortable when riding and can control the bike properly. Be sure to consult the manufacturer’s sizing chart before making your purchase.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect 50cc dirt bike for your child. Just remember to take your time, do your research, and have fun!
Keep Your Child Safe
While 50cc dirt bikes can be a blast to ride, it’s important to keep safety in mind at all times. Here are a few tips to help you keep your child safe when riding:
1. Always wear a helmet: This is one of the most important safety tips for dirt bike riding. Helmets protect your head in the event of a crash and can help prevent serious injuries. Be sure to buy a helmet that’s specifically designed for dirt bike riding and that fits your child properly.
2. Follow the rules of the road: Just like when driving a car, it’s important to follow the rules of the road when riding a dirt bike. This includes things like obeying speed limits and yield signs.
3. Stay off public roads: It’s important to stay off public roads when riding a dirt bike. These bikes are designed for off-road use only and are not street legal. Riding on public roads can be dangerous and is often illegal.
4. Avoid obstacles: When riding, it’s important to avoid obstacles such as potholes, rocks, and roots. These can cause you to crash and sustain serious injuries.
5. Don’t let them ride alone: It’s always best to ride with someone else when possible. This way, if you do have an accident, there will be someone there to help.
By following these safety tips, you can help keep your child safe when riding their 50cc dirt bike. Just remember to always use common sense and ride responsibly.
50cc Dirt Bikes can be a blast to ride, but it’s important to choose the right model for your child. With so many different models on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. But with our tips on what to look for in a 50cc dirt bike, you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for your child. Just remember to take your time, do your research, and have fun!
How Fast Do 50cc Dirt Bikes Go?
50cc dirt bikes typically have a top speed of 25 mph. However, this will vary depending on the model and the terrain. For example, if you’re riding on a flat, smooth surface, you may be able to reach speeds of up to 30 mph. But if you’re riding on rougher terrain, your top speed will be lower.
Are 50cc Dirt Bikes Safe?
Yes, 50cc dirt bikes are safe when ridden responsibly. However, as with any motorized vehicle, there is always a certain degree of risk involved. That’s why it’s important to make sure your child is properly trained in how to ride their bike before letting them loose on the trails.
What Age Is Appropriate for a 50cc Dirt Bike?
Most 50cc dirt bikes are recommended for kids ages 4-5 and up. However, this will vary depending on the model. Some models may be suitable for younger children, while others may be too powerful for them to handle. It’s important to consult the manufacturer’s recommendations before making your purchase.
Do You Need a License?
No, you do not need a license to ride a 50cc dirt bike. However, you will need to register the bike with your local DMV. In most states, this can be done online or in person. Once the bike is registered, you will be issued a license plate that must be attached to the bike.
Do You Need Insurance?
No, you are not required to have insurance for a 50cc dirt bike. However, it is always a good idea to purchase insurance for any motorized vehicle, just in case. That way, if your child is involved in an accident or the bike is stolen or damaged in a fire you will be covered.
Can Adults Ride a 50cc Dirt Bike?
50cc dirt bikes are generally designed for kids to ride and cut their teeth on two wheels. Yes, adults can ride a 50cc dirt bike. However, most models are designed for kids and may not be powerful or large enough in size for an adult. If you’re an adult rider looking for a 50cc dirt bike, make sure to consult the manufacturer’s recommendations before making your purchase – especially around the weight limit (you will probably end up damaging the bike nor will it be the most comfortable ride!).
The Bottom Line
50cc dirt bikes are a great way for kids to get started in the world of off-roading. They are safe, easy to ride, and lots of fun. Just make sure your child is properly trained in how to ride before letting them loose on the trails. And always remember to wear a helmet!